I am a UKCP Registered Psychodynamic Counsellor and Psychotherapist with 18 years’ experience in Mental Health and 15 years in counselling and therapy. I have always enjoyed my work and have seen people from all ages and walks of life. I have worked with adults since 1989 and continue to in my private practice. I began working with adolescence in 2009. I do have a particular interest in young people and have a real understanding of their difficulties. I have 8 years’ experience working as a senior school counsellor. I know adolescence can be a challenging time and is a particular phase of development that requires specific training hence I undertook further training at the WPF in London Bridge. I have continued my professional and personal development through various seminars, workshops and ongoing consultation.
I have worked in various mental health settings in the NHS promoting emotional wellbeing before my Counselling training began then I worked in a agency as one of the intake initial assessment counsellors. As well as seeing clients for open ended therapy, I also saw clients for short term counselling contracts from GP surgeries. Began working in a senior school as a counsellor for 8 years and I have worked at the Watford Peace Hospice as a bereavement counsellor for a period of time. I now have an established private practice offering counselling and psychotherapy or adults and young people. I am also an EAP counselling provider which helps people who come for counselling via their work. I am also undertaking supervision training with Lisa Mass and currently available to see trainee and experienced counsellors.
- Psychodynamic Counsellor and Psychotherapist PG Dip – WPF
- Adolescence Therapist PG Dip, – WPF London Bridge
- Postgraduate Cert in CBT – WPF
- Somatic Trauma counselling CPD – Cambridge Training Centre
- Neuroscience – Understanding Brain development – CPD
- Attachment Theory – Transformation of Relational Wounds – CPD
- Early Bonds – Mother and baby/child relationship – CPD
- Attachment and treating self – Destructive Behaviours – CPD
UKCP Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist